1989 Irwin 54' (16.46 m) Sloop
St petersburg, Florida, United States
Rare Offering Fast Cruising Boat, Easily Handled, Spectacular Accommodations
Flag of Registry: United States
- Center Cockpit
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: XYM54110C989
LOA: 54' (16.46 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Designer: Ted Irwin
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4HL-HTE
- Engine Year: Rebult 2017
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 140.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 670.00
- Engine Location: Middle
- Generator Make: Phaser
- Generator Model: K4-15 KW
- Generator KW: 15.00
- Generator Hours: 951.00
A Rare Gem
Refreshing to find a boat that is lavishly maintained
and constantly upgraded
VIEW THE 360 DEGREE VIRTUAL TOUR
The Irwin 54 is one of the most popular sailing yachts over 50' ever built. Find out why
For over 20 Years, the current owner had an open check book to
continually upgrade and lovingly care for this amazing yacht
Over 250 Irwin 52’s and 54’s were built. First introduced in 1976, The Irwin 52 quickly became the most popular cruising center cockpit sailboat on the market. In 1988, the boat evolved into the Irwin 54 with a major redesign of the hull, deck and interior. “Patience“ is one of the last Irwin 54’s and possibly the best ever built.
“Patience” was ordered new by her original owner in 1989 and commissioned in 1990. The concept was to utilize the basic clever design and create a vessel of not just outstanding beauty, but also a yacht that is flawlessly executed and engineered to a standard normally seen only in larger vessels. The spectacular result is not only a "go anywhere" yacht, but also one of absolute luxury, total privacy and short-handed style.
The second owner purchased "Patience" for a two year Caribbean cruise and then sold her to the current owner. Current owner has owned this boat for the past 20 years!
“Patience” sleeps six persons in three private cabins, excluding the main salon, with optional sleeping space in workroom.
She has a stunning interior that really has to be seen to be fully appreciated. (See the 3D Virtual Tour) She was designed and then customized around luxury, quality and functional elegance. The interior is truly gorgeous and maintained in show condition at all times.
Starting forward is VIP Stateroom with centerline queen berth.
Next aft to starboard is the Guest Cabin with a double berth.
The Guest Head is to port and features a separate shower stall and a separate door to the Vip Stateroom and another door that opens into the hallway.
The huge raised Main Salon features large fixed ports, offering a panoramic view outside. To starboard is another “L” shaped settee and dining table. Next aft is a desk and breakfast bar.To port is a “L” shaped settee followed by a large Chart Table. Here is located the electronic switches for AC and DC Systems. A large flatscreen TV is located above and navigation instuments are outboard. An eight bottle wine cooler is located below.
Next aft and down two steps is the Galley. The galley on “Patience” will appeal to any cruising gourmet and is equivalent in size to what you'd expect on boats much larger. The galley provides ample counter space, cabinets and drawers for storage. Opposite the galley is the separate laundry room and complete walk-in workshop.
- Full size upright refrigerator with separate top loading freezer (Grunert 120 volt with holding plates)
- Force 10 3-burner stove with oven (gimbaled)
- Toaster Oven
- G.E. full size microwave
- Built in automatic coffee maker
- Built in Ice Maker
- “Blanco” sink with trash chute and cutting board
- PG safety solenoid valves with leak detector
Across from the galley is the Workshop and Laundry Room. The work bench has cushions to create another berth. The captain and crew are kept in clean clothes by using the full size Miele, 220V, high quality washer and dryer.
The Owner's Stateroom features a centerline queen berth, large hanging locker and numerous drawers and cabinets.
The en-suite Owner's Head has a separate stall shower/tub.
The Center Cockpit is roomy and intelligently arranged for easy handling and maximum comfort. It features a large seating area on either side with a raised swivel chair behind the helm. The helm contains all the electronic instruments and numerous switches for various control systems. Within easy reach of the helm are the massive electric primary winches. Located in the port coaming is a refridgerated drink locker. The entire cockpit is enclosed by removable Isenglas and covered by a custom fiberglass hardtop with 4 opening hatches. Easy access from the deck into the cockpit is through two doors. All the canvas on the boat, including the hatches, was replaced in 2021.
The Aft Deck has two deck lockers with seats located outboad on either side. On the aft port rail is a BBQ grill. A large fiberglass radar arch hold various antennas, stereo speakers and deck shower. The transom features a fold down swim platform and a TNT electric dinghy lift system.
The Forward Deck features high molded in bulwark for greater safety and 9 opening hatches for greater ventilation below.
At Chart Table
- Garmin GPS with color chart plotter, anemometer and sonar
- Built-in ICOM SSB radio
- Built-in Simrad VF radio with wireless remote
- Four Midland handheld radios
- Garmin GPSmap XSV chartplotter with radar and sonar
- RaymarineWindspeed and Direction
- Raymarine Depth Sounder
- Raymarine Multifunction Display
- Raymarine Autopilot
- Garmin Multifunction Display
- Fusion Radio Control
- Garmin Radar with mast mounted closed array antenna
- Raymarine Steering Pedestal Mounted anemometer
- Raymarine Steering Pedestal Mounted Repeater
- TCI TV and Sony DVD in Main Salon
- Samsung TV in forward VIP stateroom, LG DVD player
- Polariod TV and LG DVD in forward guest room
- Haier 120 VDC Wine Cooler
- Fusion stereo Main Salon
- Fusion stereo in Cockpit
- Samsung TV and Insignia DVD in aft stateroom
- Omnidirectional and Satellite TV antennas
Mechanical & Electrical
- Engine: Yanmar 4HL-HTE 140 hp turbo diesel engine was rebult in 2017 and shows about 670 Hours
- Generator : Phaser K4-15 KW Generator was replaced
- Spectra Water maker
- Vetus 24 Volt DC Thruster
- Windlass Lighthouse 24 Volt DC
- Dinghy Davit TNT 24 Volt DC
- 120 VAC Miele clothes washer/dryer combination
12 Volt System
- (2) 31 AGM starting batteries for engine and generator
- (2) 4D house batteries
24 Volt System
- Group T105 like 6 Volt batteries connected in series
- Promariner Pronautic 1260P 12VDC/60 AMP marine grade battery charger digital display in chart table area
- 50 Amp Shore Power cord
- Promariner Pronautic 1260P 12 Volt Marine Battery Charger
- 24 Volt Marine Battery Charger
- Promariner Promar digital display at the chart table
- Spectra Cape Horn 12 Volt DC Watermaker
- Water Heater 20 Gallon
Sails and Rigging
The current owner decided to remove the Hood Stoway mast and upgrade the mast and rigging to a custom Seldon mast with a hydraulic furling system around 2010. He has an impressive above deck rig that rivals vessels of a much larger size and higher price range. A lot of thought by the experienced owner went into making “Patience” easy to sail by a couple and enhance the performance.
- Hydraulic main sail
- Hydraulic roller furling on Genoa
- Roller furling on staysail
- Running rigging for staysail
- Navtec hydraulic adjuster
- Whisker Pole
- Boom vang
- (2) #36 Barient 24V electric primary winches (with controls at winch and helm)
- #27 Barient hydraulic main sheet (with controls at winch and helm)
- (2) #21 Barient self tailing halyard winches
Preferred Yachts offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Preferred Yachts offers this listing on a 50-50 split with PY approved corresponding Florida licensed yacht brokerages. Brokers unlicensed in Florida must contact listing broker to make arrangements that comply with Florida law.