2003 Moody 54' (16.46 m)
St Petersburg, Florida, United States
Designed by Bill Dixon this Center Cockpit Moody 54 is immensely strong, yet light enough to maintain optimum performance across the full range of ocean cruising conditions, the Moody 54 has been designed without compromise.
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: GB-PYIJ3048C304
LOA: 53' 11'' (16.43 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Photos click to view all
Exuding old world charm and good taste 'Lumio' is exquisitely appointed and crafted as a proper yacht should be and the attention to detail is evident everywhere. Plush ultra leather upholstery is perfectly complemented by the hand rubbed teak paneling in a satin finish. The salon floors are further protected by a full width removable carpeting. Large overhead hatches let in plenty of light and ventilation when desired.
- Expansive Salon Seating
- Teak Salon Table with Leaves
- Comfortable Settee to port
- Glass and Bottle Cabinet / Bar
- Large Overhead Opening Hatches with Sun Shades and Screens
- Teak Flooring protected by a removable Carpet
Cockpit and Helm
Wheel steering pedestal, Whitlock Reflex with pedestal mounted compass. Engine instrument and starting panel pedestal mounted. Cockpit seats and sole finished in teak. Cockpit table. Stainless steel grab handles each side of companionway. Optional GRP and Stainless Steel Venturi Windshe
- Upholstered Seating with Bolsters
- Large Bimini Top and Dodger with Panels
- Venturi Hard Dodger Windshield
- Folding Cockpit Table with Insulated Cooler Compartment
- Steering Station with AP, Wind, Tri Data, GPS Chart Plotter and Bow Thruster
Two engine driven alternators, one 110amp 24 volt alternator charging 4 heavy duty 24 volt batteries for the main electrical system plus one 50 amp 12 volt alternator charging 2 heavy duty 12 volt batteries for the ships main engine circuit.
- 240/220 Volt System
- Onan 11 KW Generator in Sound Box
- Ships Battery Bank
- Engine Start Battery
- Bow Thruster Battery
- 12V Lighting System
- 3 x SMX Marine Air Conditioning Systems
- Large U shaped galley, one step down from saloon.
- Large stainless steel lined front opening refrigerator
- Separate Frigoboat Top Loading Freezer
- Gimballed 4 burner Propane Stove with Oven
- Microwave, wired to shore power circuit Extractor fan built in above cooker.
- Generous work top space with deeply fiddled edges. Stowage lockers for food, crockery, pots and pans plus cutlery drawers.
Engine and Engine Room
Yanmar 4JH2-UT(B)E (100hp 73.6kw) 4 cylinder turbocharged diesel engine driving through reduction gearbox, bronze P bracket and 3 bladed propeller. Engine instrument panel mounted in cockpit. Fuel supply from tank fitted with remote fuel shut off cocks. Sound insulated engine compartment. Automatic fire extinguisher. Thermostatically controlled blown ventilation to engine space. Space available for generator installation.
- Racor Fuel Filters
Hand laid fiber glass construction with isophthalic gelcoat backed by an initial lay up of powder bound mat and isophthalic resin. Balsa cored sandwich construction for increased panel stiffness and optimum weight distribution. Hull stiffened by bonded in bulkheads plus frames and stringers. Underwater sections from stem to keel further stiffened by utilising an Aramid (Kevlar) laminate to increase impact resistance. Transom includes hinging transom door/swimming platform.
Deck and Hull
- Teak Decks in Very Good Condition
- Stainless Steel Dorade Vents
- Double Life Lines with Rail Gates
- Opening Transom Compartment
- Stainless Steel Dinghy Davits
- Anchor Pulpit with Double Rollers
- Large Anchor Locker
- Blue Hull
- Bottom painted in 2022.
- Some Though Hulls Replaced
- Black Bottom Paint
- Lead Keel
Sails and Rigging
Electric powered self tailing genoa sheet winches (Lewmar 54CEST). Secondary winches (Lewmar 40CST). Mainsheet and staysail sheet winch (Lewmar 48CST). Mainsail control line winch (Lewmar 44CST). Mainsheet traveller winches (Lewmar 16CST). Mast mounted halyard winch. Genoa sheet tracks with adjustable cars and traveller lines led aft to jamming turning blocks. Genoa sheet turning blocks. Staysail sheeted to self tacking track. Mainsail control lines led aft through deck organisers and individual rope clutches.
- Indicience Sails
- Battened Mainsail in Sail Bag
- Genoa Sail
- Furlex Furling Systems for Genoa and Staysail
- 2 x #54 Electric Sheet Winches
- 2 x Lewmar Electric #48 Winches
- 2 x Lewmar Electric #64 Winches
- Masthead rigged cutter with silver anodised mast and boom with stainless steel standing rigging.
- Ray Marine Hybrid Touch GPS
- Side Power Bow Thruster
- Ray Marine Wind Machine
- Ray Marine Autopilot
Preferred Yachts offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Preferred Yachts offers this listing on a 50-50 split with PY approved corresponding Florida licensed yacht brokerages. Brokers unlicensed in Florida must contact listing broker to make arrangements that comply with Florida law.
Licensed and Bonded Professional Yacht Broker
As a St. Petersburg local, Ron Nummi has the marine way of life in his blood. His love of the water and appreciation of vintage yachts drives Ron to help his clients achieve their own dreams in the boating lifestyle. Ron has spent many years living on yachts. From the time he was a film and stage actor in New York City, he lived on and raised his 3 children on a 42 ft. classic Chris Craft.
As his children got older, Ron’s career allowed him to travel extensively all over the world. He returned
to New York and worked as a stockbroker for several years before realizing he wanted to return to St. Petersburg and the boating lifestyle. He now lives on his 40 ft. Sailing yacht with his fiancé and their 2 dogs.
Ron is a professional communicator and keeps his clients involved in every aspect of the process. Ron’s love of the boating life shows in how he strives to share this with his clients, whether you are looking to start a new adventure on the water or selling your boat and look to the next chapter in their life.